IBD & Other Digestion Related Articles Discussions Disease Center Home Page
About the author
Dr. Minocha (http://www.diagnosishealth.com/minocha.htm) is the Professor of Medicine and Director, Division of Digestive Diseases at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, MS, and is the author of How to Stop Heartburn; Simple Ways to Heal Heartburn and Acid Reflux.
>>Continued from Previous Page
Surgery can cure Ulcerative Colitis. Newer surgeries obviate the need for ileostomy. There is no known cure for Crohn's disease although these patients may need frequent surgeries.
Both Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease increase the risk for cancer. The risk for cancer of colon depends on the extent and duration of Ulcerative Colitis. Surveillance colonoscopies are recommended for Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Inflammatory Bowl Disease (IBD) Page Top >>
>>Click Here to Read About Dr. Minocha
RELATED PUBLICATIONS BY DR. MINOCHA.....
1. Minocha et al. Acute Sulfasalazine Overdose. Journal of Toxicology Clinical Toxicolgy 1991.
2. Minocha et al. Small Bowel Endometriosis
Masquerading as Regional Enteritis. Digestive Diseases and Sciences 1994.
3. Minocha et al. Lack Of Crucial Role of Mast Cells in Pathogenesis of Experimental Colitis in Mice. Digestive Diseases and Sciences 1995.
4. Minocha A et al.: Crohn's Disease Complicating Male Genitourinary Tract Without Overlying Cutaneous Involvement. Am J Gastroenterol 1996.
5. Minocha A et al.: Role of Appendectomy and Tonsillectomy in Pathogenesis of Ulcerative Colitis. Digestive Diseases And Sciences 1997.
This is an informational exercise. Your doctor is the only one who can best assess your situation and offer you medical advice.
>>MORE ARTICLES ON RELATED ISSUES
>>Other Health & HOME PAGES
A message to all visitors and participants:
Contents of this site are meant for educational and discussion purpose only and should not, in any
case, be substituted for a medical consultation. The information posted or linked to
this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem.Your doctor is the only
one who can best assess your health situation and give you a medical advice. No
responsibility/liability can be accepted for any posted or linked information and
use or misuse thereof. Inclusion on this site in no way implies endorsement for a
particular organization, products and/or person/persons and their work. Must read disclaimer ...
Copyright © 1999-2002 by diagnosishealth.com. All rights reserved.